The event was generously sponsored and supported by:
- Gelder Joinery Limited
- Johnsons Buildbase (Oxford)
- Smiths & Son (Bletchington) Limited
- SYMM & Co. Limited
There were 18 Nominations overall, via 11 nominating organisations (including a combination of non Members and the local Colleges – City of Oxford and ACE Training), comprising:
- Bench Joinery
- Building Maintenance/Carpentry
- Site Carpentry Plumbing & Heating
The category Winners were:
- NVQ Level 3 – Samm Murphy, Bricklayer, Wain & Francis Limited, Witney (College – ACE Training, Kidlington)
- NVQ Level 2 – Harry Dorsett, Bench Joiner, Barr Joinery Limited, North Weston, near Thame (College – Aylesbury)
- Merit Award – Martynas Jakomas, Bricklayer, Knowles & Son (Oxford) Limited, Berinsfield (College – City of Oxford)
- Special Recognition Award – Aidan Webber, Plumbing & Heating Engineer, E W Plumbing & Heating Limited, Wallingford (College – City of Oxford)
It is pleasing to report that there were nearly 60 in attendance (despite the awful weather conditions), including family members, close friends, college tutors & representatives, together with employers/work colleagues alike.
Thanks to our very own ‘paparazzi’ (one Duncan Armstrong, our Vice Chairman and of Fergal Contracting Company Limited).
The Group is most grateful to both John Tolson (ex Merchant Navy and Kingerlee Limited) and Alfie Saunders (Smiths & Sons (Bletchington) Limited) for their highly informative presentations centring on the importance of apprenticeships, lifelong learning, effective internal and external communication etc., which were well-received.
Congratulations to everyone for making the evening such a success, especially the nominating companies/Colleges, along with the Nominees themselves – the standard across all levels was exceptional..!!